Saturday, February 05, 2005

¿Habla Usted Español?

Ahhh...looks like my resolution isn't going as well as I would have liked, but hey, at least I'm back on.

What's on my mind nowadays? I just got back from Texas, where it was actually kind of cold. Living in the Midwest, I'm used to cold in winter - is asking for a little sunshine while down in Texas a little much? And southern Texas to boot? The folks down there are very nice, but the language barrier can lead to some funny situations, especially when ordering food. One of the sites I've used for a while is called FreeTranslation.com. I could have used it a couple times when I was interacting with some of the locals.

I finally watched chapter 11 of the Ninjai series. Very cool - chapter 12 comes out March 15. Can't wait.

Every once in a while I'd like to share what I'm listening to. I go for almost all types of music, but for those of you who know me personally, you know that I really can't stand the CCM (Christian Contemporary Music) genre. But recently, our director of music at the church I go to introduced "In Christ Alone" to the lineup. I've been listening to the Newsboys and Geoff Moore's versions of the song. As for full albums, I've been diehard for the new Green Day "American Idiot". I find a new favorite song everytime I listen to it - pick it up if you're either a music fan or lean to the left in your politics (something for everyone!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home